View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2008, 08:05 AM   #1
Fretslayer

Default Test footage from my Trek animation

Hey everybody,

Here is a little bit of test footage from my animated short film titled 'Star Trek: The Armageddon Clock'.

I was testing my nebula effect and my volumetric clouds.

There are two files here - 1) for people with broadband and (2) for poeple with dial up.

In order to make this easy for everybody to view I compressed it into a Windows Meda file (WMV) so that there wouldn't be any issues with 'codec not installed'. The full version of my animation plays with DivX compression and looks a lot sharper than what you'll see here. Those of you familar with the WMV compression probably already know how much quality you lose when crunch your file down to something this small.

The real version of the film plays at a resoulution of 800x450 but for these tests I've compressed it down to 720x486.

Both files are pretty small so you shouldn't have too much problem downloading them.

Broadband version (2.33mb) : www.wabashponies.com/dan/wipmed.wmv

Dial-up version (1.78mb) : www.wabashponies.com/dan/wipsmall.wmv

My Trek story takes place between the TOS:TMP era and the TNG era.

The Starship in my story is not a flagship or pride of the fleet and my Captain isn't some super famous big-shot who every Klingon knows by name and dreams of killing. My Captain is sort of a middle-low end guy who's flying an outdated ship with some system and comptuer upgrades. Our Captian is one who is expendable and if he and his ship disappeared tomorrow, few people would even notice. That's exactly why they've been sent on such a cricital mission. Should they fail, Starfleet will disavow any knowledge of their mission, will lable them as rogue, and not attempt any sort of resue or diplomatic mission. And if they do fail, an all out war will begin between the Federation and the Klingon Empire.

Credits:
Starship: Evil Genius 180 - Phase 2 with Dennis Bailey's 1701-A nacells and a few modifications by me.

Regula-1: Rick "Hobbes" Snider

Animated with Carrara Pro 6 (render time: roughly 10 hours).
Edited with uLead Video Studio 9.
Compressed with Windows Movie Maker.