Old October 17th, 2008, 04:50 PM   #35
Fretslayer

Default Re: Test footage from my Trek animation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
All I said was yours reminded me of mine, not that mine was any good
I think you misunderstood me.
I wasn't downing yours in any way.

I'm just trying to connect the foreground to the background thru the use of the volumetric clouds.

Your stuff is light years ahead of mine.
Look at it this way... one of us has downloaded the other one's meshes.
Yah, see?
LOL!

Sorry if my comment came across wrong.

@General Phoenix - Yah, that bottom lense flare was way off and in the distance shot I forgot to set the light to blink on and off. Setting the lights and effects in Carrara is very different than in LWO and MAX though. I had thought about not editing in the shots with the belly light but I figured that as harsh and ugly as the bridge lights were, what harm could the lense flares have? LOL!

I'm trying to find a happy medium with the running lights so they can be seen from a distance but not so much that they're a distraction. I spend a lot of time in the real world looking up at night and watching all of the air traffic overhead. I live by two International airports and so I have a lot of air traffic to watch.

One of the things I like about the lights though is that they are not all blinking at the same time.

I really do appreciate all of the feedback you guys are giving me.
I've said it several times but I have no training in any of the apps I use and I just run by intuition. Anything that can help make the shots better is cool by me. That's also a reason why I'm showing y'all my test footage. When the real version and scenes are rendered the mistakes and other 'sharp edges' will have been addressed.

Most of what I've been working on today has been bridge lighting and computer screens. I'm rebuilding all of the computer graphics in Photoshop CS2 and importing them into my video editing software where I then turn them into animated files so the computers look more dynmaic instead of static.