Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > CREATIVE BRAINS > On The Horizon
Notices
On The Horizon Working on something? With a 2D or 3D app? Is it SF - Fantasy - Real world? Let's see it!
To post art for Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old May 19th, 2003, 11:44 PM   #1
STar_Base_CGI

Default Captain Kirk!

I am a big Star Trek fan like alot of people. I have an art degree, about 3 years ago I started getting interested in 3D Modeling. I still feel like I suck. Theres so much to learn. My strengths right now are painting models, Playing with file formats, scaleing and lighting. I need to work on my modeling. (Wireframing, Nurbs, Box Modeling.)

Theres so much to do I wish I could upgrade my computer to the point where I could enjoy this models more. I like playing with the public domain models, rendering and animating them.

My own private model (Kirk?), I made it with Poser is the CGI BGH. I really wish Paramount could make a CGI TOS Star Trek Movie. I painted some of it in Deep Paint.

Getting all these programs to work together is a feat in itself.

Someone posted a TOS Bridge, right here at 3D Gladiators. SO I had fun playing with it today and I wanted to say thanks!

Translating all these files into different programs just ssucks all the power out of My PC but Ive had so much fun. I feel sorry for Paramount. Im just some unemployed shmoe with an AAS degree. They have no clue. They spend tons of money on stuff that looks, average.

I also Found Out Bill Shatner, Captain Kirk is CEO of a 3D company called Core. There going to be makeing a movie and starting a new department. If You live In Torronto or California check out coredp.com

Well thats all for now.
Old May 20th, 2003, 12:50 AM   #2
Bernardo Ratto

The hair is horizontally inverted between the MAX and what looks like the Poser renderings. Anyhow, if somebody could post here a link to Warrior's old Poser character's site, you could get stuff for your characters like Poser uniforms and stuff. I can't remember the link and don't even know if the site is still up.
Old May 20th, 2003, 07:10 AM   #3
STar_Base_CGI

Thats not a "Poser rendering" Its Deep Paint 3D.

I realized Kirks hair is parted on the left so I reversed it In Studio Max.

Thats a very minor detail for you to pick up though.

Nice catch.
Old May 22nd, 2003, 03:47 PM   #4
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

My Poser site isn't up anymore. used to be right here on the 3DG domain when I owned it. New owners, out with the old
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote