Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > CREATIVE BRAINS > Beyond Reality
Notices
Beyond Reality No matter what the subject - be it Sci-Fi - Fantasy or Real Life / 3D - 2D or web design - this is the place to post your finished artwork for review by the forum members!
To post art for Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old June 3rd, 2003, 03:52 AM   #1
Proximo

2 D DRAWING Fallen Angel - Pencil Scribble thingy...

One again, things I draw in the dead of night turn out better than things I spend ages working on during the day. I scribbled this last night while feeling a little depressed about a few things.

Old June 3rd, 2003, 05:30 AM   #2
Alex

Pretty damn good dude!
Old June 3rd, 2003, 01:32 PM   #3
Proximo

Thanks.

Question though. Why is it that my best scribbles come out when I'm in a bad mood, and not when I'm in a good mood? I never used to be like that...
Old June 3rd, 2003, 02:11 PM   #4
Alex

Because you're an artist, and that's just the way we artists are. At the start of art classes we had a joke where we'd sit around going "Yo man, you're shazbot. You think you're all conceptual, well your art's tired and predictable. Don't quit your day job, your mum and I don't like to be disturbed at home" and stuff like that, because "When you're depressed, you draw better."
Old June 3rd, 2003, 02:28 PM   #5
Proximo

:laugh:

Yeah, I guess that's the way it is. I just wish I was able to draw whenever I wanted, instead of waiting for a depressive funk. Oh well, I guess that's what practice is for.
Old June 3rd, 2003, 02:35 PM   #6
Alex

When you aren't emotionally charged, draw in a journal from observation. You'll sharpen your techniques so when the mad concepts come along you can express them better
Old June 3rd, 2003, 02:36 PM   #7
Alex

I should also say that I _love_ the wings, and the... yeah, we all love that.
Old June 5th, 2003, 01:50 PM   #8
BigBoyT

Everyone's thinking it, I'll say it:

Nice ass.

As for the depression....

A few years back, I slipped into a depression, and never really got out of it. In class ( yes, class, I'm only 21) I wrote two poems. They were, to say the least, quite dark, and although I'm feeling better these days, I still consider those two to be the best things I've ever written.

I hold on to the darkness in me. I've learned to live with it, and accept it, and, when needed, use it. At first I hated it, but later on I learned that it was a part of me, and that I should, like I have, learn to live with it. I would never give up on it, not because it's something I like, but because with out it, I would not be me.

So, don't feel be bummed out be depressed moods. Instead, try to figure out what causes then, and then try to put it to use, like with that drawing. 'Cause like you said, it kicks ass.

Just don't get carried away, don't become some kinda somber person, that dresses in black all the time, and only feels sorry for himself, 'cause I almost went that way.

Oke, well, I'll stop playing doctor frickin' Phil here, and let you guys talk about this very good piece of art.
Old June 8th, 2003, 01:59 PM   #9
Proximo

Default Another pencil scribble thing...

Just trying to keep up my style.

Old June 14th, 2003, 03:02 AM   #10
Sharky

Hmm.. you were in a better mood when you drew the second pic.