Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > General Discussions
Notices
General Discussions Need to talk about anything not covered in the other discussion forums? Pop here! NO FLAMING ALLOWED!

Old June 1st, 2008, 11:00 AM   #1
Fretslayer

Default Thank you Warrior & Why the 5 Post Rule is Good.

First off, Thank you Warrior for telling me about the export feature of Lightwave Modeler. I'm well on my way to making an excellent conversion of an awesome NCC-1701-A mesh.

For those of you who are new to the site... I know that when you need or want a mesh (and need/want it now) it can seem like a pain in the wazoo to have to do 5 posts to gain access to the download section.

I know this because I once felt that exact thing.

The reason why I am grateful that for this site's '5 post rule' is that without it I would have taken what I needed and left (probably without ever returning or returning only to download more meshes) and as such I would not have had the conversation with Warrior where I leanred something very valuable to me as an animator.

I am not an expert with any of my animation suites but I am on the upper end of 'advanced user' and still I leanred something new...something that I may never have learned without having to make 5 posts in the forums here.

While it may seem like a drag to have to do that in order to get ahold of the mesh you seek, it's not - it's a chance to speak with the artists who created the mesh and perhaps (as I have) learn something that will change the way you go about your animations from that moment on.

I owe a big 'Thank You' to Warrior, Evil Genius and Taranis for helping me become a better artist.
Old June 1st, 2008, 11:09 AM   #2
gmd3d
Admin

Default Re: Thank you Warrior & Why the 5 Post Rule is Good.

this gives new users a chance to feel more involved and exchange Ideas .. I 'v never had problems with these rules

Handy Links
To find the program or knowledge to help your project use the links below!

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Paid: Professional Programs
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 02:18 PM   #3
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

Default Re: Thank you Warrior & Why the 5 Post Rule is Good.

I'm glad someone "gets it", and thank YOU for being a great member of this site
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"The art of scape goating interests me." - Dauntless
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote