Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > CREATIVE BRAINS > Beyond Reality
Notices
Beyond Reality No matter what the subject - be it Sci-Fi - Fantasy or Real Life / 3D - 2D or web design - this is the place to post your finished artwork for review by the forum members!
To post art for Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old December 11th, 2007, 01:50 AM   #1
Cybit

Default Dragon Scene WIP

Figured being pretty new around here I'd test things out by posting a Bryce 5 WIP I have. The images name is Next, is rendered in Bryce 5 (because Bryce 6 won't import the scene files). Uses the Millinum Dragon 2 from Daz and the Millinum Dragon Lair.
Posed in Poser 5, the skulls are a Lightwave 8.5 object that comes with the Lightwave package.
The entire scene weights in at around 650 mbs in Bryce and I can tell it.
There is no post work done to the final render as yet.

Crits are welcome please.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Next001.jpg (442.8 KB, 15 views)
Old December 11th, 2007, 01:08 PM   #2
Lee
Completely FUBAR!

it has a nice layout. could use some heat distortion.

Support the Network: 3D Scifi | Framevoid | Scifi'ers Anonymous | Ejected Core |Wolf Den Productions
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 09:22 PM   #3
mikala
Master Pilot

Yes yes heat waves rising up from the boiling lava fields!
Very nice Cybit.
Oh can you tell where in the hay those skulls are located in the Object Folder in LW? I wonder if they are even in 9.3 anymore?
Old December 11th, 2007, 09:23 PM   #4
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Looks great. It has a video game feel to it. Though I agree with LR, it could definitely use some heat distortion.
evil_genius_180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2007, 11:42 AM   #5
Cybit

Wow, I'm not getting my email updates for new post. Gonna have to check that out. Glad I decided to walk in and check things out.

Thanks for the comments and crits everyone and I agree about the heat distortion. Don't know why I hadn't thought of it before.

@mikala - I can't remember which version of LW I found those skulls in, but I've had them forever. Let me dig around and see what I can find, maybe I'll even reload LW 7 because that's when I think they first appeared in the objects folders. I'll get back with an answer later today or tomorrow.
Old December 14th, 2007, 12:45 PM   #6
gmd3d
Admin

cool image

Handy Links
To find the program or knowledge to help your project use the links below!

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Paid: Professional Programs
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2007, 10:38 PM   #7
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybit View Post
Wow, I'm not getting my email updates for new post. Gonna have to check that out. Glad I decided to walk in and check things out.
Hmm, that's odd. Maybe it's not making it past your spam filter, though you should still be getting it in your junk folder if that was the case. Are you sure you're subscribed to the thread?
Old December 15th, 2007, 07:45 PM   #8
Cybit

@evil_genius_180 - I'll check all that out tonight while I'm online, gonna go into my cp and see if I have the option for auto emails selected as well.
Old December 16th, 2007, 02:49 PM   #9
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Quote:
@evil_genius_180 - I'll check all that out tonight while I'm online, gonna go into my cp and see if I have the option for auto emails selected as well.
You do. I already thought of that and checked it out in the admin CP.
Old December 17th, 2007, 04:48 AM   #10
Cybit

I may change my the email account then, just opened up a new gmail account because this is the third site I'm a member of that I'm not getting my emails from.
I'm really beginning to hate yahoo
Old December 17th, 2007, 04:57 AM   #11
Cybit

Ok now we'll give the new email a chance and see if I start getting my notices. That is as long as someone replies to this post, then again, maybe I need to update the image with some heat distortion first.
Old December 17th, 2007, 10:30 AM   #12
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Quote:
I may change my the email account then, just opened up a new gmail account because this is the third site I'm a member of that I'm not getting my emails from.
I'm really beginning to hate yahoo
Ah, Yahoo. That explains a lot. They totally suck anymore. I was a faithful Yahoo member for years until earlier this year when they began to make me very angry. They'd say stuff was spam that wasn't (that I told them wasn't spam) and I think I wasn't getting some newsletters and stuff I signed up for. So, I had to switch to Hotmail.
Old December 17th, 2007, 05:21 PM   #13
Cybit

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 View Post
Ah, Yahoo. That explains a lot. They totally suck anymore. I was a faithful Yahoo member for years until earlier this year when they began to make me very angry. They'd say stuff was spam that wasn't (that I told them wasn't spam) and I think I wasn't getting some newsletters and stuff I signed up for. So, I had to switch to Hotmail.
I had a similar problem with hotmail about a year ago, but had been a yahoo user for years as well. Now though I'm not getting all my email, the other day my brother emailed me and it went into the bulk (spam) folder. I got lucky because for some reason, I decided to actually check that folder that day instead of simply hitting delete.
Got my update that you had replied to the thread at gmail though, thanks for the reply. Now I got catching up to do, tons of replies to other places as well.
Old December 17th, 2007, 09:17 PM   #14
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Yeah, Hotmail updated their software some months ago, around the time that I switched. It's really good now.

At least you found a solution to your problem.
Old December 17th, 2007, 09:39 PM   #15
Cybit

Quote:
At least you found a solution to your problem.
With that problem yes, but getting some heat distortion into a Bryce scene, not much luck there. I'm going to have to get my old backup disk out and see what materials I've got kicking around on it. I'm not real happy with the lava now either, maybe I'll spend some time creating another one.

I'm doing my best to resist the temptation of pulling it all into LW and redoing the render there. :laugh:
Old December 17th, 2007, 10:47 PM   #16
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Do you have a program like Photoshop or Gimp? If you do, you could probably simulate the heat distortion in post.
Old December 18th, 2007, 01:50 PM   #17
Cybit

Quote:
Do you have a program like Photoshop or Gimp? If you do, you could probably simulate the heat distortion in post.
Thank you, I've been hoping someone somewhere would remind me of that programs name and you just did. I had Gimp, had Paintshop Pro X as well but they where both downloads and when my computer crashed I lost both.
I use Paintshop instead of Photoshop, but I loved Gimp and couldn't for the life of me remember the name of the program now I can go and redownload it.

I'm reorganizing the scene now, trying to get the memory issue it is currently giving me resolved. When the scene is loaded now it's using all my available memory so I can't change anything without a memory error popping up and the program crashing. I've ran into a similar problem in the past when working on a large scene within Bryce 5 and resolved the problem by removing backfacing poly's I didn't really need for the scene.
Old January 24th, 2008, 06:49 PM   #18
ddogstar

Default Cool

Looks great!
Old January 25th, 2008, 05:33 PM   #19
Cybit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddogstar View Post
Looks great!
Thanks, still working on it but I'm hoping to post an update here soon. Got a ton of other projects going on right now so this one is kind of on the back burner.