Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > General Discussions
Notices
General Discussions Need to talk about anything not covered in the other discussion forums? Pop here! NO FLAMING ALLOWED!

Old March 28th, 2003, 10:10 PM   #1
Commodore-SirJohn
Larger than the
average starship
captain

Default Yup, I have an online store, too...

In association with Cafe Press, I have opened up a web store where you'll find a few items for sale to promote the STAR TREK: TALES OF THE MARSHAL MARTZ website.

For copyright reasons, however, that particular title does NOT appear on the items. Instead, they bear the title "A Fan-Fiction Project by John H. Harris-TALES OF THE MARSHAL MARTZ-SET IN THE STAR TREK UNIVERSE-http://www.totmm.com" with the series tagline, "A journey into the Infinite..." on the front of the apparel items.

You can find it at http://www.cafeshops.com/totmm

All items are priced at ONE dollar (US) above cost, so I won't be making much at it, but every little bit helps.
Old March 29th, 2003, 01:31 AM   #2
Alex

Just a small, small point, but don't you risk getting sued monstrously by the people who make Star Trek for using their name and logo in your product?
Old March 29th, 2003, 01:36 AM   #3
Commodore-SirJohn
Larger than the
average starship
captain

Not in the form it appears. If I'd used the original form, it would be a far different case.

A number of fan clubs and websites use both the Star Trek name and logos in various forms on their items. If Paramount wanted to sue over such use, it would have done so long ago...

Last edited by Commodore-SirJohn; March 29th, 2003 at 02:26 AM..
Commodore-SirJohn is offline   Reply With Quote