Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > CREATIVE BRAINS > On The Horizon
Notices
On The Horizon Working on something? With a 2D or 3D app? Is it SF - Fantasy - Real world? Let's see it!
To post art for Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old February 10th, 2003, 09:17 AM   #1
EBOLII

Default K'T'Inga Beauty shot's..... x3

Okay dokay back it again...found a seriously overlooked error concerning the wing/nacelle attachment area

so as I am correcting this I have decided to add some missed detail thanks to the ever watchful eye of fellow IDC member [can you guess who?]
the area is the front bridge window thingies and a few modifications...plus even better textures [not added yet] thanks to the most excellent tutelage of Nico and Viper
Working those as we speak....the other 2 posted threads are coming along as well nothing worth posting yet.....concerning the Valiant and Keldon/Galor

But until then these are the 2 beauty images...need to tweak the lights to my liking and then textures and then special effects.....but until then the Works-N-Progress

Obviously the light setup is for the larger of the 2 birds..these are 2 different Beauty shots [Camera settings] I am going for and am satisfied with

So what do you guys think?....

She be perty huh?...
You lika da bird no?......
Da bird is good no?...........
Old February 10th, 2003, 01:38 PM   #2
Keith

That is such an excellent model!!!!!

It really is beautiful!

But are you going to add the beacon lights and grill glow that the model had in ST:TMP?
Old February 10th, 2003, 07:36 PM   #3
JasonA

looks great ebolii! This is certainly a beautiful model... it ultra-rocks :P
Old February 11th, 2003, 06:12 AM   #4
mchristou

Looking good Ebolii.

Regards
Matt
Old February 11th, 2003, 09:36 PM   #5
EBOLII

Default 02-13-2003

Okay very tired.....I redid most of the front end details much better me thinks...still looking at the major mesh error [overlaping connectio problem were to parts do not match] NOT gonna tell IF you can't see it!........Designing the grapling hook thingy...WISH there was some fantastic references but there is not

Until next time.....no wait.................mmm mmmm she sure is pretty NO?
Old February 22nd, 2003, 04:54 PM   #6
EBOLII

Humm...guess NOBODY wants anything to do with a Klingon/Romulan K'T'Inga anymore huh?....boooooo
Old February 23rd, 2003, 06:12 AM   #7
s360112

EBOLII,

I thought the K'Tinga only had Klingon textures, not Romulan.
Are you planning for a Romulan version?
Old February 23rd, 2003, 04:59 PM   #8
Melvin the Dork
Bad Email Address

I like it, I think the red windows are a bit overkill though.
Mel
Melvin the Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2003, 05:40 PM   #9
EBOLII

Default Created 02/23/2003

Okay I am up to the neck area...I have added the details that I wanted to add...still working on the grappling hook and correcting the wing error [past 5-6 hours] the good news is I believe I have it...will post a location point here shortly

so I have did a wire frame render to compare thus far...Incase you can't see them these are a few of what has been added......new window shapes plus better locations...new bubble detail...new neck detail above and below plus where it connects to the main fuselage

but what about the other wnp you ask?.....today the K'T'Inga....tomorrow the Keldon and then the next day the Valiant [that’s right I am off duty so I will spend the allotted time on each of the meshes....oh about 9-10 hours each......I still have 2-3 hours left for the K'T'Inga..........
Old February 23rd, 2003, 05:45 PM   #10
EBOLII

I do get tired of the same questions over and over....................yes there will be 2 different texture packs for this mesh the Klingon and the Romulan.......THey should turn out sweet I am hoping

the red windows...*sigh* again as noted there are NO and I want to emphasize "NO" textures added...they are red to show the new shape and location.................

come on guys.....people come down on me for no reason wanting to chase me out of this forum
Old February 23rd, 2003, 06:20 PM   #11
Thomas P
TOS Gladiator Manager

Well, I for one, realize it's just as 'the WIP turns' . I'm so impressed with your meshes - just fantastic stuff. It is so great to see something other than another Constitution / Galaxy mesh being done these days. I realize that the Enterprise (A,B,C,D,E.... ) is the star but the bad guys have the best look'n ships.

Having a Rom/Klingy textpac is a wonderful idea btw.
Thomas P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2003, 07:37 PM   #12
EBOLII

Default UPDATE 02-23-2003

Okay I have revealed the location of the dreaded errors that took me over 6 hours to correct......alot of problems there....

but they are good to go now. This is it for a few days...tomorrow I will begin some work on the Cardassian Keldon...located in this THREAD

So don't let my bad mood [created from trying to correct the blasted errors] stop you fella's from blasting me with questions and comments
Old February 23rd, 2003, 09:56 PM   #13
Zanith

Damn nice work. And thank god you removed those red windows. Now do a glowing torpedo launcher and you are cookin'!!
Old February 23rd, 2003, 11:52 PM   #14
Melvin the Dork
Bad Email Address

Um.....er....well you see being new here and my art being note book paper, a pen and my math class I don't know much. That's why I mentioned the windows, so sorry that I didn't get it.
Mel
Melvin the Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2003, 10:52 AM   #15
s360112

EBOLLI,

Sorry I didn't want to upset you. But if you looked good you would have seen it was my first post to this forum EVER!!
Old February 24th, 2003, 01:18 PM   #16
Zanith

EBOLII - BTW - I ain't trying to run ya out. I am trying to keep you in!!
Old February 24th, 2003, 08:46 PM   #17
EBOLII

Take NO offense fella's...it was my bad I read more into it than was there.......Was tired and agravated at the overlooked errors [fixed now]

sometimes I go off for no known reason [uncool] I know....sorry
Old February 24th, 2003, 11:47 PM   #18
meshula
Master Pilot

In one of your posts you mentioned needing some reference. Do you still need some? I've got some nice 'uns
meshula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2003, 07:58 AM   #19
EBOLII

It is hard to get good references of the grappling hook on the back of the neck...I have just about all the rest...oh and the disruptors under the main hull....difficult to tell exactly the details
Old February 25th, 2003, 11:15 PM   #20
meshula
Master Pilot

Okay, I searched around a bit, and found out where my reference pics came from -

http://members.aol.com/IDICPage/TMPKlingon.html

You can find good closeups of the parts you want on the four pages linked from there.

These are probably the best pix i've ever seen of this ship
meshula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2003, 01:44 AM   #21
Lord Schtupp

Hey EBOLII great work, thats a beautiful model mate.

Could you do me a great service and render a five-view (no perspective) of her? I want to build a 4000 poly ktinga for Starfleet command and yours is the finest model that i have seen. Ive only built Fed models thus far. I know im new here so heres a couple of examples of what ive done:

http://flare.solareclipse.net/cgi2/u...=001080#000004

http://208.57.228.4/ubbthreads/showf...b=5&o=&fpart=1

A 5 view would be extremly helpful, i dont trust the drwgs that i have come across for accuracy.

Thank you for your consideration

Last edited by Lord Schtupp; February 26th, 2003 at 01:58 AM..
Old March 15th, 2003, 10:27 PM   #22
EBOLII

Default Update 03/16/2003

The sage continues blah blah bla

Goodnight
Old March 15th, 2003, 10:28 PM   #23
EBOLII

Lord Schtupp as soon as I am done with the textures I will pop that request out for you
Old March 16th, 2003, 04:18 PM   #24
mercutiojb

Nice! Starting to really look like screencaps!
Old March 16th, 2003, 08:41 PM   #25
EBOLII

Default 03/16/2003

Okay with the exception of battle damage/dirt I have completed the main Hull [and only the main hull]
I stll need to add house of EBOLII insignia to the wing tips but other than this I am pressing onto the neck area

This new texture rocks and will highlight an already outstanding mesh

Sweet yes?
Old March 17th, 2003, 11:24 AM   #26
Lord Schtupp

Quote:
Originally posted by EBOLII
Lord Schtupp as soon as I am done with the textures I will pop that request out for you

Thank you very much Ebolii, that would be great!
Old March 17th, 2003, 02:18 PM   #27
EBOLII

Default 03/17/2003

Okay been messing around with some more textures and some Brazil renders...looking much much much better!...Looks like at this rate I will complete the March 2003 deadline for myself...excellent!

What is the general opinion?

Lord Schtupp these are not your request just messin around takin a look n all...as soon as textures completed I will do you up some larde 1024 views...will that do?
Old March 17th, 2003, 05:19 PM   #28
General Phoenix
3DG Administrator Emeritus

She's a real beauty!
General Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2003, 05:16 AM   #29
Proximo

Ahhhh, now we're cooking with napalm.
Old March 18th, 2003, 11:09 AM   #30
Stu

INCREDIBLE!!! You've done a great job with this one. I bet it would put Eden FX's CGI model to shame. Have to sent in a resume to ILM, Digital Domain, Eden FX, etc.? You should.